We've experienced a few firsts around here lately.
#1 - We have just completed our first week of swimming lessons, and when I say we I mean the kids.
It's a first because none of my kids has ever taken swimming lessons before. I have always attributed it to my children's fear of water. . .well their fear of putting their faces in the water and that's a pretty important aspect to swimming. But if I'm completely honest, they've never had a swimming lesson because their mother has never given it a thought until it's too late to register for them. All I can say is thank you good old Surf 'n Swim for catering to such moms as me by making different sessions of swimming lessons available throughout the summer and not making all registration at the beginning of the summer. :)
Here's our progress so far. . .
Emma showing off her back float. She was pretty worried about this one because she thought she already had to know how to do this before class started but she picked it up swimmingly.
Here's Ethan kickin' it on the kick board. He's learning to "really" swim and loving every minute in the pool. He is constantly working toward making it to the other end of the pool and he's made it a time or two.
After two days in the preschool class where all they did was blow bubbles and try to get the 2-3 year olds to actually let go of their mothers' legs, Hannah was moved up to the level 1 class where she is actually learning something. That was really my fault. I signed her up for the preschool class but I thought since she had never had a swimming lesson before that she should start at the beginning. . .I just didn't think the beginning was soooo beginnerish.
And here's my Isaac being a real trooper. Having to hang out around a pool and not get in it is a pretty big struggle for him but so far he's been great!
First #2 - Emma has finally lost her first tooth!
Yep, she's 7 years old, going into the second grade in a week and a half, and she's finally joined that elite elementary group of the toothless. She couldn't have been more happy.
One tooth down and 19 to go. Little did she know that tooth number two would be coming out so soon. That's right, about 10 minutes after this picture was taken Dad wrestled out number two.
After the excitement and emotional turmoil of the first tooth, Emma was fairly wary of letting Dad have a "look" at the second one. After a significant amount of coercion he got that second tooth out and she got the prestige of saying that she lost her first two teeth on the same day!
No comments:
Post a Comment