Monday, August 9, 2010

All Are Safely Gathered In

So this is just a quick post to say that our Trek experience was awesome!!  JayDee and I had so much fun being the Ma and Pa to 11 children for 4 days in Wyoming.  The only regret I have of the entire experience is that I didn't bring my camera.  It was on the "optional" list  of materials to bring and I was being a purest.  My thinking was that the pioneers didn't have cameras.  The Stake isn't allowing cell phones, ipods, watches, jewelery, etc so why are they allowing cameras?  Well now I know. . .it's for the memories.  There were multiple times throughout the trek that I was sorely sorry I didn't bring my camera.  There were about 6 of my kids that did bring theirs but I have no pictures of my own and it makes me sad.  I know that in the near future I will have access to some pics and when that happens I will post a more extensive post about our adventure but until then just know that . . .

THE BINGHAM FAMILY ROCKS!!
(Our Trek Family name)

Here's the family song we made up that pretty much sums up our experience.
Set to the tune of "A Pirate's Life For Me"

Yo Ho Yo Ho the Bingham Family

There's Austin and Laura, Logan and Lauren, Jenna and Camille
There's Katie and Stephen, Dylan and "Hitler" (not his real name) Brigitte don't call her Brigget!

Yo  Ho Yo Ho the Bingham Family

We trek all day, we talk all night, we make the Lowders yell!
We're happy-go-lucky, we play chubby bunny, we're spiritual as well!
Yo Ho Yo Ho the Bingham Family . . . Arrggg!!
  

No comments: