Saturday, March 13, 2010

So Grateful

I just can't say enough how grateful I am to live where I live.  5 years ago while JayDee and I were house hunting, I had some very strong feelings against living in this neighborhood.  They were unfounded feelings but I voiced my strong opinion anyway.  We made offers on 3 houses in other places, plus 1 other offer in this neighborhood, and none of them worked out. I guess it all boils down to the influence of the Spirit.  Heavenly Father knew we needed to live here so this is where we ended up, and I couldn't be happier.   We have the very best neighbors ever, really great friends!  I'm pretty sure the adults in this neighborhood are as good of friends, if not better friends, than our children are.  Everyone is always there to help, to listen, to volunteer to watch kids, and the list could go on and on. 

Last night, for example, my good friend and back door neighbor Heidi calls me up and says her husband is out of town so she wants to watch my kids so JayDee and I can go out.  She even went so far as to plan our date for us, researching movie times and dinner options.  :)  Who does that?  So not only did we get to go on an unplanned date but I didn't have to find a babysitter, which is for me is the worst part of dating.  It was like the best of both worlds!  I love this place!

 Most of us Moms trained for and ran a 5K together.
(Heidi was pregnant this summer so she is couldn't run with us.)

Hayride to the pumpkin patch. 

We even had a triple baptism with 2 of our best friends' families.  Nov. 2008

We've betroathed some children.

Melissa after a rousing game of fox and geese with the kids.

And here's my Heidi, friend and impromptu babysitter.

I love these people.  They're like my second family.  I'm lucky to have them all!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww! I love you and your family! I'm so glad that we stayed in our house and got to become great friends with you! Like you, I know we were meant to live in this hood. Thank goodness for the promptings of the spirit!

Jessie said...

Wow, that's really amazing! I long for such a neighborhood. We love our current ward, but we find that we're better friends with the people whose kids are quite a bit older than ours - and we don't so much jive with the crowd with younger kidlets. It's a bummer sometimes, but hey, this isn't our settle-down place, so there's hope.

Jenni said...

How wonderful.

Mindy said...

Good neighbors are priceless. Glad you've got a bunch of them!