Friday, March 5, 2010

Career Highs

I just love my husband.  For about 5 years now JayDee has been working for USU Extension as their Davis County Horticulture Agent. He knows everything about everything plant related.  About 3 years ago he was promoted and put on the tenure track, which pretty much means you work your tushy off, get paid very little, keep track of every little thing you do and hope that in 5 years you have proven yourself worthy of receiving tenure.  
 
Sometimes it gets very frustrating for me to watch him work so hard and get very little recognition.  It also is hard for me to play the role of single mom when the busy season hits. (Which, unfortunately for me, lasts from March through October.)  So needless to say, I was just slightly happy (okay I was ecstatic - I actually teared up) when JayDee told me he was being honored with Utah State University's Extension Agent of the Year award.  I just knew there was a reason I never see him!  He soooooo deserves this award. 
 
On Wednesday, we all went up to Logan for the presentation of the award.  I was glad I got to be there to cheer him on.  It is funny though, JayDee HATES the attention.  He actually looked sick standing in the spotlight next to the head of extension.  I wish I had remembered my camera.  (That's why there is no picture with this post.)  I'm just so happy for him.  What a great blessing!  All I can say more is that next year when JayDee goes up for tenure, he better get it!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Yeah JayDee!

just dandee said...

Hooray for you! You started a blog. Believe it or not I bet you'll be glad you did. I am happy because now I get to see more cute pics of you and your cute family. By the way... your blog is totally cute.

And... Congratz to JayDee! That really is a fantastic honor.

Mary said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm proud of him too! You give me hope that some day Jared will get the reward/recognition he deserves too.