October 26th
Field trip with Isaac's preschool to the Treehouse Museum in Ogden. Wish I had remembered my camera because those darn kids are super cute.
That night, a sweet Girl's Night with my mom and sisters to the So You Think You Can Dance Concert. AMAZING!
Some of my favorites...
I L-O-V-E Tadd
Also love tap dancing but these guys were
too fast to get an action shot .
Seriously? Who moves like this?
And of course....Melanie.
Enough said.
October 27th
Ethan's 11th birthday!
What a good kid we have in Ethan. He is growing up so fast and in only one year he will have the priesthood and that is kind of freaking me out a little.
We didn't do anything terribly exciting for Ethan's special day. We just loved him lots and got the one thing he asked for for his birthday and that was the 3D Twister remote control car. He was sooooo happy. And after seeing this thing move I was pretty impressed too. It's small but super fast and can do all kinds of tricks and when it flips over it still goes. Here it is in action.
Keep in mind these pictures were taken while the car was in low gear. The instructions suggested that you get the hang of steering the car in low gear because it's more difficult the faster it goes. Come to think of it I don't know if Ethan has even tried high gear yet...I can't imagine it. Low gear is FAST.
Some stats about Ethan at 11.
*I have no idea how much Ethan weighs or how tall he is but I can say that he is only 3/4 a head shorter than me. Around here that is pretty tall but, in case anyone is wondering, it's pretty short everywhere else. He's one of the smallest kids in his class. We're hoping puberty is good to him.
*Ethan is in the 5th grade and enjoys school even though it does not come easily to him.
*He loves Yu-Gi-Oh. (Mom does not)
*He loves soccer and plays it at every recess at school. Added bonus: He made the only goal during last recess playing against the 6th graders to win...on his birthday.
*He favorite food is rice with butter and salt and pepper.
*He is the by far the most helpful of all my children.
*He has had a job mowing Grandma and Grandpa's lawn for 3 years and has more money in the bank than me.
October 28th
Halloween parade at school.
I have no idea why I keep trying to take pictures of this event every year because I can never get my kids to slow down long enough to snap a picture without it being blurry. Just chalk it up to me being a good mom? :)
October 29th
Family pictures at Memory Grove in Salt Lake.
No pictures yet but I'm sure they're going to be great!
Can't wait to see them.
October 30th
Primary Program in sacrament meeting. Always a little stressful for me and I don't know why because it doesn't matter how it really goes, everyone loves it regardless. This year was no exception. Those sweet primary children of mine had me in tears by the end.
It was also pumpkin carving day. It was lovely weather and we had lots of fun. The kids each took a turn with the camera and these are some of the shots we ended up with.
Loving me some finger in this one.
And my personal favorite...
can you tell Isaac took this one?
Right at eye level.
October 31st
Halloween! We finally made it!
The kids didn't have school so they played the day away and waited patiently for night to fall to go trick-or-treating.
We had easy costumes this year. Hallelujah!
From left to right: Buzz Lightyear, Ballerina,
Snow Princess and Detective
Something's wrong here, my bucket is empty.
It was Dad's turn to stay home and pass out the candy.
He hates getting up and down to open the door so he decided to camp out in the driveway to make his life easier. The weather was so nice JayDee told me he almost got too hot sitting next to the fire.
We had a lot of fun this October. It was kind of a whirlwind but we loved it all.
2 comments:
Whew! That IS a lot of October fun. Good thing it's November now and you can mellow out...oh wait....
Cute, cute kids! And parents.
How fun!!! You were so great for the primary program. Thanks so much for all you do - love you!!!
Post a Comment