Tuesday, August 23, 2011

School!

I've got to admit that I am not one of those weepy mothers that hates the thought of sending her children off to school every year.  With every one of my kids that have started school, the first day of school was met with great excitement and dare I say joy. And those are my feelings not my kids. :)  Maybe it's because I have always loved school and I see it as a great, big, worthwhile adventure or maybe it's that I can't wait for my kids to experience new things or maybe it's because I like the break from them.  Whatever the reason...when school rolls around every summer I'm happy about it. 

That's exactly how I felt this year too until about 2 days before school started and then all of a sudden I felt very unprepared for school to start.  The school shopping was done, the clothes were picked out, nothing out of the ordinary was happening to make me feel this way.  It was quite a mystery to me and still is actually. I have yet to figure it out.  Maybe I'm becoming more sentimental with the passing years.  Maybe it's that they're noticeably growing up. Who knows? 

What I do know is that these 3 cuties left yesterday for their new adventures and had a wonderful time.  




 All of them had nothing but good to say about their new classes and teachers. In fact, after talking to them all I said, "So everyone likes their teachers then." And Hannah answered, "Like her. I love my teacher!"  Well said Hannah, well said.  I hope it lasts all year.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I'm thrilled when school starts for my oldest. It's my other two I'll be getting super sad about. My oldest one needs the outlet that school provides - otherwise he just drives us all nuts at home (I love him to pieces, but he can be my most difficult child).
The other two are my little buddies, and the thought of sending them away makes me sad. On the other hand, I'm a person who loves QUIET, and having time to myself...so there's always that upside!

Your kids are so, so cute.