Monday, April 4, 2011

Out With the Old and In With the New

It was time.  There were just too many little aches and pains to make me worry.  The road was feeling just a little too hard with every step.  We've been through a lot together. . . summer heat, winter snow and ice, rain, puddles, tendonitis, missing toenails and miles and miles of road - around 350 miles actually.  I hate saying goodbye to a good pair of running shoes but  it just had to be done.

You say goodbye. . .


And I say hello. . .


I changed brands, which scares me a little, but I have high hopes for these new runners.  They've got big shoes to fill.  Hopefully with these babies I will have less aches and pains, I'll be able to keep more of my toenails thanks to the longer toe box and have a bit more spring in my step.  We've got a long way to go together and I hope they're up for the challenge.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I am nowhere near the runner that you are, but I am always a little nervous about getting new shoes, too, especially changing brands. I love Asics, but every foot/gait/stride is different, so thankfully there are so many good options...best of luck for great results with those new beauties! :)