Saturday, April 2, 2011

You Got Me

I've never been a gloriously evil prankster.  I am always in if someone starts the brainstorming or has a great plan but I just don't seem to come up with the really great pranks on my own.  So needless to say, my children have never really experienced April Fool's Day like they could with a more creative mother.  With that said, I would like to thank a few choice young men/young women in my ward who took it upon themselves to teach my children how April Fool's Day is done.  That's right. . . they got me!

It all started on Thursday night when I get a nice text from a laurel in my ward and one of my daughters on trek, telling me she saw me running that morning on her way to school.  As we bantered back and forth, she asked me if I had any pranks planned for April Fool's (we pranked our Bishop during trek together so we have a good pranking connection).   I told her I didn't and then asked her if she had any planned.  She said no.  Then she starts asking me if I'm going out Friday night. I tell her we don't have any plans and she gets upset with JayDee and tells me I should make him take me out, I deserve a night out.  Okay, I think, this is getting a little suspicious.  Anyway, we end our texting and I go to bed, then wake up having forgotten about the whole thing.  

By sheer coincidence, some friends of ours call us up on Friday and ask if we want to go out to dinner.  So we get our Bishop's daughter to babysit for us and we leave.   As soon as we came in the door from dinner (about an hour and half later), Ethan runs upstairs and says "They messed up the car!"  So I say, "Who messed up the car?"  "Laura and Kortnie and her brother. . . " I don't let him finish because I am pointing a finger at our babysitter Erin and saying "You! I should have known, Erin!"  Erin's role in pranking has always been "the informant."  She's the one giving the all clear so havoc can be made.  She immediately tells us she thinks it's a good time for her to leave and bolts out the door.  

I didn't get pictures of any of their dastardly deeds but here's a list of what we found around our house:
1.  Saran wrapped car (inside and out)
2.  Those little firework popping things under the tires.
3.  Saran wrapped running shoes.
4.  Saran wrapped towels in the linen closet.
5.  Sticky notes with cute notes written one them all over the house.
6.  Monogrammed toilet paper
7.  Short sheeted bed
8.  Feminine pads stuck to our pillows with "Good Night" written on them.
9.  Jello-ed car keys.  (They made jello, put our car keys in a couple ziploc bags then saran wrapped that and put it in the jello.  Good news, I found it before the jello set completely.)

They should have thought through their plan a little more because an even 10 would have been nice.  But then again, maybe they did make sure they had 10 pranks. . .

10.  JayDee was in on it! 

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Hilarious! Especially that JayDee knew all along! Hope your dinner out was nice...the calm before the storm! :)