Oh just look at that face! I could eat him up!!
This boy is so sweet. Here are some of the things I love most about my Isaac:
- I love that even at 3 he loves to snuggle with his mom.
- Everyday at nap time he lists off the things he needs to go to sleep. . . "I need my sippy, my blankie, my books and my mommy."
- I love his mischievous laugh that means nothing but trouble.
- I love every time he jumps out from behind something and says "AHA!" And then shoots someone or something with whatever play gun he can get his hands on.
- I love that I find myself having real conversations with this little man.
- But I especially love that when I whisper in his ear. . . "Guess what? I love you!" He'll whisper back "I love you too!"
On to more news. A month after our trek experience we hosted a trek family reunion. We had planned an awesome service project, BBQ, a bunch of outside games and then a fire to roast s'mores to top of the night. That was the plan, the reality. . .rain. Buckets of rain. I shouldn't have been surprised because every time JayDee and I plan a BBQ it gets rained out. It's like we have some negative supernatural power that changes the weather. An hour before our reunion it was blue skies and sunshine and yet when our kids showed up it was pouring! We still ate our BBQ fare (inside) but then had to improvise the rest of the night.
The kids decided that since we couldn't pick vegetables at the Food Bank Garden (which was our service project) they wanted to pick SOMETHING so they picked our vegetables.
Which really was a service project because then I didn't have to pick them and it lessened the amount of canning I'd have to do later. :) We waited until the rain eased up and then darted out to get some picking done before it started up again.
Jenna
Brigitte
Dylan and Logan
Lauren and Laura
Katie and Stephen
We didn't get pictures of all our fantastic pickers but we did get these pictures of some of our impromptu activities.
Good old wet tramp jumping
Chubby bunny competition on steriods.
Just look at the size of them marshmallows.
Childhood relived - Legos
Getting ready for "The Skittles Game"
Playing "The Skittles Game"
I think at this point in the game I had approximately 50 skittles in my mouth and poor Camille is barely hanging on.
Yeah this guy looks innocent enough but just look what kind of damage Dylan can do . . .
No kidding. He really did that. We had to lay the trampoline to rest the next day. Dang lead-bottom teenagers!
Even with our trampoline dying and our cheeks sore from holding all those skittles, we had a GREAT time! I just love my trek kids. They are so much fun. Thanks for keeping JayDee and I young.
1 comment:
First things first: LOVE LOVE CUTE ISAAC! He is such a ball of fun. Second, you really did well taking those pictures of that massive garden...it must have taken those kids hours to get all those veggies picked! ;)
Post a Comment