The reason I call myself mom.
I know I'm a bit late with this post but part of being a mom is being very busy and boy have I had a week!
Nevertheless, I had a fantastic Mother's Day. One of my best actually. I truly enjoyed the whole day.
It started off with great gifts from my children that they thoughtfully prepared at school. And I mean thoughtfully. . .they made me all teary. Gift #2 was that everyone got ready for church without incident and we not only made it to church on time but we were early! 9:00AM church people! Gift #3 was when I sat down in the chapel and had a look at the program to see JayDee was speaking. He kept that little jewel a secret for a whole week. If I had to choose favorites that would have been my best gift of the day. I just love that man!
Later in the day we went over to my mom's house to celebrate with all the other mothers and future mothers in the family. I always love being with my family, and for those of you who know them you know there is never a dull moment. On this day, all the wonderful, reverent and new feelings of being a mother were brought in a tiny 6lbs. 15oz. package named Eden Burns. My sister BriAnne (the newest mother in our midst) came with her almost week old baby girl, Eden. That girl is one loved baby! But honestly how can anyone resist - just look at her.
This picture was taken at the hospital the day she was born.
Everyone just couldn't get enough of this miniature BriAnne, especially my future mothers Emma and Hannah.
Mother's Day is one of my favorite holidays. I do feel loved on a regular basis but there is something about a day set aside to honor the sacred call of motherhood. I feel so blessed to be a mother. And although I am far from being the poster mom for motherhood, I'm making progress in my own way to being the mother my children deserve and that my Heavenly Father wants me to be. It's the absolute best journey I've ever taken!
2 comments:
I love this post! And congrats to BriAnne!
I can't believe JayDee kept having to give a talk in church a secret!! I stress so much when I have to prepare for a talk, but if it was about you, there are so many wonderful things he could talk about. I'm glad you had such a wonderful day!
Post a Comment