Here's a glimpse of some of our carefree days....
Baby Animals Days - At the USU Botanical Garden
I have zero pictures of any baby animals but who needs them when you've got face painting,
a rock wall,
Ethan made it to the top and activated the siren. Woo-Hoo!
Emma and Hannah gave it a valiant effort.
and who doesn't like pretending to be an animal?
Some of the most beautiful flowers around.
Bees Game
Grandpa Taggart's work has a Salt Lake Bees Party every year and we all went out to enjoy a fun night out. This wasn't technically summer...the end of May, and it was a chilly evening so that's what all the bundling was for.
Fireworks and running the bases following the game!
Family Reunion
We had a blast with all our Rasmussen Razmaniacs. This year's festivities were at Camp Zarahemla in Morgan. The theme was a cowboy roundup. The surprise fun of the reunion? A massive waterslide that the cute missionary couple that runs the place in the summer put up. Sweet!
Girls Camp
I had the opportunity to go to girls camp this year as the ward camp director. Lucky for me it was stake girls camp so I was in a supporting role, that's my strength. I'm a great supporter. Camp was at Lake Lyman (the place I went every year for girls camp growing up) it was awesome! I took so many pictures that I ended up making a video for the girls went we got home. Here's just a smattering.
You know...just a road block of sheep. No big deal.
Hiking
Service Project
What a view!
Our cabin
4th of July
At the Kaysville Parade...yeah not doing that again. We will definitely be staying loyal to our Layton Parade from here on out.
Birthdays
We have 3 birthdays in the summer, mine, Emma's and Isaac's. Mine and Emma's are of course back-to-back in July and then Isaac's in August.
I don't know why there are 10 candles on Emma's cake she is really 9.
Pink Lemonade Cake courtesy of my sister Katie. Yummy and pretty!
Isaac's Birthday!
Isaac and his cousin Milan were only born 1 week apart so we always celebrate together.
German pancake breakfast
We made chocolate dipped strawberries.
Chocolate faces!!
Randomness
Here's the stuff that doesn't fit in any category.
Emma rope swinging in our neighbors backyard. We had our Mother/Daughter activity for activity days here. Fun!
Friends! D and Isaac
Father's Day snooze......
Swimming!
After!
More Swimming and serious bravery on the high dive.
Jumping for girls, flipping for Ethan.
Lunch with dinosaurs
Beach Day! Pineview Reservoir
Yep, she grew that. Emma takes her education very seriously. This was a 3rd grade assignment that obviously continued through summer.
Going to the dentist. No this is not sedation dentistry. He is just plain asleep. Our dentist felt really good about himself this day.
Slurpees!
Cute bum on the side of the road.
Wicked!
Emma and Hannah's very first concert!
Katie Arminger at the Davis County Fair.
Thanks Bailey for coming with us. :)
You don't know Katie Arminger? Well she's an up and coming country star.
Hannah: "She. Is. Awesome!"
My brother Matt and his family came to visit in August and this is the only picture I got of all the fun we had. City Creek, Natural History Museum, Children's Museum, Zoo.....
Summer can really wear you out!
1 comment:
holy smokes! You are the coolest mom ever. I loved seeing all your summer festivities, and especially love the picture of you on your birthday...you must be singing an awesome rendition of "Happy Birthday" ;) How can you still look so gorgeous while singing?!
Miss you :)
Post a Comment