Monday, March 19, 2012

Valentine's Day

Alright, alright...I know it's almost April but I would be sad if I didn't do an itty-bitty post about one of my favorite holidays.  Although it is one of my favorites, how can you not love a holiday dedicated to love, we don't go all crazy.  Around here we do try to make sure the love is felt every day of the year but there is just something special about a day set aside to celebrate "us." The "us"of course includes our children.

Aunt BriAnne started off the celebration the Saturday before Valentine's Day with a fabulous little Valentine's Tea Party.  

What a lovely table!

And just look at this spread
 

These were especially delicious...
Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies

We had quite the delightful time!
And in case anyone is wondering, Ethan was invited to this party and was planning on attending and then had a friend come over at the last minute and opted to do "boy stuff" instead of coming to the tea party. Silly boy.

The Monday before Valentine's Day, JayDee and I decided to take the kids out to dinner thinking we would beat the crowds by not going on Valentine's Day, yeah that didn't work out too well.  After we were finally seated we had a good time though.


On Valentine's morning the kids woke up to a few festive decorations, a bag of goodies and Valentine smoothies with Valentine straws for breakfast. Mmmmm....



I received, by delivery no less, this lovely bouquet from my sweetheart.  He professed his love for me and his excitement for out upcoming trip on the card.  It read: "Thanks for the memories and T - 65 days until we make more! Love you!"
We're not really rose people around here.

And what would Valentine's Day be without a poem?  Emma was able to check that one off our list year with this literary masterpiece she wrote at school.


 Awww love.

No comments: